Wesley Chapel was built in 1862 and is a Grade II listed building in the traditional “meeting house” style. It was extensively refurbished for our Centenary in 1962 and again in 1994 when the foyer at the entrance to the church was created and major alterations made to the facilities in the Lower Hall beneath the church, including a lift.
In 2012 the Wesley Chapel congregation took a significant and brave decision and invited the Nidd Valley Methodist Circuit to take over as Managing Trustees in order to provide the extra resources and support required to enable the development of new community outreach activity. In order to achieve these aims more renovations were carried out in 2014: the pews were replaced by comfortable chairs: new underfloor heating was installed and new flooring laid; new public address system and updated technology was installed. The building is now under the auspices of the Nidd Valley Methodist Circuit This move has provided the opportunity for an increased and wider vision while allowing the Wesley Chapel congregation to continue its Sunday worship and related social activities.
Wesley congregation exists to worship God. As a result we seek to serve one another and the community in our central town situation.